HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program (HW!) trains, supports, and helps pay teachers to visit the homes of their struggling students to positively engage parents in their children’s education. Learn more about us by visiting our website at www.teacherhomevisit.org.
The Director of Program Operations (DoPO) is a member of the management team responsible for the
implementation and operation of the HW! program. Working actively with HW! staff, the schools, and school districts with which we partner, the DoPO uses data and feedback from data systems and stakeholders to structure a large amount of information and ensure that organizational and programmatic goals and objectives are met. The goal is to be an effective, evidence-based program that results in positive outcomes for students.
- Implement programs at interested schools after relationship is established with the district by the CEO.
- Research and analyze the programs and systems of the organization.
- Monitor weekly metrics and advise points of concern with action plans.
- Monitor regular schedules, performance metrics, and key program initiatives and provide regular updates to the CEO and others.
- Maintain constant attention to organizational efficiency and opportunities for change, growth and improvement.
- Build strong relationships between HW! and the schools we serve and engage with all relevant parties to monitor and promote fidelity to the program models.
- Oversee all aspects of training for the program
- Carry out HR responsibilities (hiring, training, performance management, evaluation, and staff retention efforts) of the programmatic team including Program Leaders (PLs) and data management staff.
- With CEO and ED, manage and oversee internal and external evaluation teams.
- Ensure the integrity of HW! program implementation and operations.
- Develop standards for processes and reporting and manage program resources to achieve program goals and deliverables. Ensure training sessions are highly engaging and fully prepare teachers to make effective home visits according to the HW! model.
- Track program implementation at the district, school, and classroom levels to monitor implementation of and on-going adherence to the models.
- Work directly with PLs to monitor program operations and to identify and promptly address deviations from the program model, timeline, and other operational matters.
- Occasionally accompany PLs on their school visits to provide oversight, evaluation and feedback, and to understand their work in the schools.
- Staff the Board of Director Program Committee
- Responsibility for the Memos of Understanding with our school districts
- Master’s degree
- Experience in K-12 education, including two years in the classroom
- Leadership experience within a school or school district at the senior level (Principal, Asst. Superintendent, Superintendent)
- An understanding of the role of educators and families in educating at-risk children
- Proven program management success – ability to implement and run multi-year programs with evidence of managing to outcomes
- Strong skills in group and one-on-one professional engagement at all organizational levels
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholder communities
- Understanding of program fidelity, data completeness and consistency, operational transparency, and phasing in of program services
- HR management experience hiring, training, evaluating, and dismissing staff
- Evidence of successful staff retention efforts
- Strong computer skills – can create effective PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets and learn and teach others to use proprietary software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Knowledge of and curiosity about best practices in adult learning theory, parent and family engagement strategies, and the use of technology in training
- Passion for the mission of HOME WORKS!
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector
The Director of Program Operations (DoPO) needs to have a flexible schedule to accommodate school schedules which will include working some late afternoons and evenings. This position requires travel to schools in the St. Louis metro area.
Status: Full-time, exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: CEO and ED
To apply, send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to: email@example.com