Overview of HOME WORKS!
HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program (HW!) trains, supports, and pays teachers to visit the homes of their struggling students to positively engage parents in their children’s education.
The Director of Program Operations (DoPO) is a key member of the management team responsible for the implementation and operation of the HW! program. Working collaboratively with HW! staff, the schools, and school districts with which we partner, the DoPO uses feedback from data systems and stakeholders to ensure that organizational and programmatic objectives are met. The goal is to be an effective, evidence-based program that results in positive outcomes for students.
- Implement the program at interested schools after a relationship is established with the district; secure memorandums of understanding prior to start of the school year.
- Research and analyze the program and work to continuously improve service delivery processes.
- Monitor weekly metrics and advise points of concern with action plans.
- Monitor regular schedules, performance metrics, and key program initiatives and provide regular updates to the Executive Director and others.
- Maintain constant attention to organizational efficiency and opportunities for change, growth and improvement.
- Build strong relationships between HW! and the schools we serve.
- Engage with all relevant parties to monitor and promote fidelity to the program models.
- Oversee all aspects of training for the program.
- Carry out HR responsibilities (hiring, training, performance management, evaluation, and staff retention efforts) of the programmatic team including Program Leaders (PLs).
- Manage and oversee internal and external evaluation teams.
- Ensure the integrity of HW! program implementation and operations.
- Develop standards for processes and reporting and manage program resources to achieve program goals and deliverables. Ensure training sessions are highly engaging and fully prepare teachers to make effective home visits according to the HW! model.
- Track program implementation at the district, school, and classroom level to monitor implementation of and on-going adherence to the models.
- Work directly with PLs to monitor program operations and to identify and promptly address deviations from the program model, timeline, and other operational matters.
- Staff the Board of Directors Program Committee.
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience in K-12 education, including two years in the classroom
- Leadership experience within a school or school district
- An understanding of the role of educators and families in educating at-risk children
- Proven program management success – ability to implement and run multi-year programs with evidence of managing to outcomes
- Strong skills in professional and one-on-one engagement settings
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholder groups
- Understanding of program fidelity, data completeness and consistency, operational transparency, and phasing in of program services
- HR management experience hiring, training, evaluating, and dismissing staff
- Knowledge of and curiosity about best practices in adult learning theory, parent and family engagement strategies, and the use of technology in training
- Passion for the mission of HOME WORKS!
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector
The Director of Program Operations reports to the Executive Director. Candidate must have the flexibility to accommodate school schedules and will include working some late afternoons and evenings.
Status: Full-time, exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: CEO
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org