The HOME WORKS! Board of Directors seeks an Executive Director with the ability to:
- Provide day-to-day management of the organization to fulfill its mission to partner with families and teachers for children’s success
- Transition the organization from one led by a founder, while maximizing and leveraging the continued involvement of the founder
- Translate the vision and strategic priorities into an implementable plan of action, providing leadership for staff, educational partners, evaluation consultants, donors, and other stakeholders
- Lead, inspire, delegate, empower, coach & support the staff team
- Manage to outcomes for greater impact
- Foster and nurture a performance culture and one of continuous improvement
- Provide primary staffing support to the Board of Directors and partner with the Chair to set priorities for meetings, education, and action to ensure a highly functioning and involved Board
- Build and cultivate relationships in support of the fundraising goals of the organization
- Manage all aspects of the nonprofit’s administration: budgeting and financial management, human resources, IT, outcomes management, etc.
- Positively and proactively represent HOME WORKS! to the St. Louis community
- Be on the forefront of education and parent and family engagement trends
- A track record that demonstrates leadership and achievement in an education or nonprofit setting
- Passion for achieving the vision and goals of HOME WORKS!
- Unwavering commitment to organizational excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Unchallenged integrity, high moral and ethical standards, sound judgment
- Highly desirable: warm yet professional presentation style; an ability to work with a broad range of people; a sense of humor; and self-confidence
Learn more & apply
We welcome candidates who can establish how their professional experiences have prepared them to assume this leadership role. We are eager to discuss this exciting and challenging position with anyone interested in exploring this opportunity. To schedule a 15 minute discussion prior to submitting application materials, please email us at email@example.com.
After a preliminary discussion, applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit the size of the email to 5 mb ensure delivery. Application materials submitted by March 10, 2019 will be given priority.