HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program partners families and teachers for children’s success.
HOME WORKS! believes that:
- All parents want the best for their children
- Families play a key role in a child’s life path
- All children can learn
- Learning creates opportunities
- Individual differences must be respected
- Open, honest communication is essential
- A strengths-based perspective promotes respect, trust, and effective outcomes
Collaboration, Continuous Improvement, Diversity, Innovation, Integrity, Persistence, Respect, Transparency, Trust
- Improved student academic achievement and test scores
- Improved student daily attendance
- Improved student classroom behavior
- Increased and strengthened parent/family and teacher engagement
- Reduced tardies
The long-term goals of HOME WORKS! are to support the development of an educated, trained workforce; to empower parents to read, talk, and listen to their children every day from birth; and to foster parents’ investment in the quality of their children’s schooling.
Every child makes the grade.