HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program is a great place to be! We are looking for passionate, team-oriented individuals who are looking to do meaningful work and want to make a positive impact on underprivileged families and communities. We are currently accepting applications for both Chief Operating Officer and Program Director/Trainer (part time).
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Overview of HOME WORKS!
HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program trains, supports, and helps pay teachers to visit the homes of their students performing below grade level to positively engage parents in their children’s education. HOME WORKS! is designed to have teachers and families collaborate to build a better connection and understand the crucial partnership needed between home and school for students to succeed.
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and maximizing internal operating processes, financial management strategies and a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. As an essential member of the leadership team, the COO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. The COO must be a leader who is able to help others deliver measurable results and contribute to furthering the vision, mission and goals of HOME WORKS!
General Operations Management:
- Participate in strategic and operational planning. Manage the resultant plans and periodically report progress to the CEO and Board of Directors (BoD), as required.
- Design, develop and implement a suite of policies, internal processes, reporting systems and operational and management procedures that support the CEO and staff to ensure program fidelity throughout the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues and providing information necessary to communicate to the BoD, donors, schools and other external partners.
- Work with the Data Specialist to support the data collection process.
- Provide support to Board Committee and Development staff to manage a comprehensive marketing plan, including print and social media activities, to increase the visibility of HOME WORKS! and to advance the mission and activities of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all (city, state, federal, private) reporting obligations.
- Oversee risk management, legal and insurance practices in coordination with 3rd party resources.
Financial Operations Management:
- Organize, implement and manage appropriate accounting practices, controls and standards in coordination with a 3rd party CPA firm and an outsourced accountant.
- Work with the CEO, Board Chair and Treasurer to plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget, and present budget to the Board.
- Monitor organizational adherence to board approved budget.
- Advise the CEO and Treasurer on budgeting, cash flow, financial priorities, and policy matters in a timely fashion.
- Supervise timely, accurate processing of payroll and accounts payable.
Human Resources Management:
- Manage HR operating procedures for the organization.
- With the CEO and Chief Program Director to coordinate and administer performance reviews for all staff members.
- Work with the CEO to facilitate effective recruitment and onboarding of new employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Supervise a Data Specialist and co-supervise the Administrative Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior role managing internal and external resources and coordinating communications effectively throughout an organization
- Successful experience supervising a team and holding members accountable for meeting organizational goals
- A proven track record of success as an effective tactical and strategic thinker
- Demonstrated leadership skills as a problem solver with flexible, collaborative and proactive work style
- Demonstrated results in previous positions
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Must be self-reliant and able to work independently
- Have a passion for the mission of HOME WORKS!
- Master’s degree in related field
- Prior experience in nonprofit
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiar with DonorPerfect
This position requires office hours at the business office of HOME WORKS! and also requires occasional travel to the various schools or district offices in the St. Louis metro area and surrounding communities. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. HOME WORKS! prohibits smoking and all tobacco products in any form in all areas of HOME WORKS! offices.
Status: Open to considering a Part time or Full time employee, Exempt
Hours: approximately 25-35 hours per week
Salary: commensurate with experience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
To apply, please send thoughtful cover letter and resume to: COO@teacherhomevisit.org.
HOME WORKS! The Team Home Visit Program is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse applicants.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR/TRAINER (Part Time)
This position partners with the Principals and Site Coordinators at assigned schools/districts to execute the processes necessary to effectively and efficiently support the teachers and implement HOME WORKS! in each school. This position will also provide training to Teachers and other school staff at our participating schools to teach them the skills and knowledge to conduct teacher home visits with fidelity.
- Build relationships –
- Develop a partnership between HOME WORKS! and the assigned schools
- Maintain frequent contact with assigned schools, meet in person with Site Coordinators and Principal a minimum of every 4-6 weeks
- Become familiar with the culture of the school and develop ways to make home visits part of that culture
- Attend all meetings, trainings, family dinners and other HOME WORKS! events at each school as an active participant which includes interviewing families, making notes, administering surveys and encouraging participation in the Program
- Provide any necessary support to the Site Coordinators at assigned schools to assure all of their responsibilities are completed on time and in accordance with the Manual
- Work with assigned schools during the pre-implementation phase to plan for, schedule and coordinate all meetings, trainings and family dinners necessary for program implementation during the school year.
- Technical aspects –
- Develop an understanding of systems and data necessary to implement the HOME WORKS! program and use the proprietary software to run reports
- Learn the processes and data management of the assigned schools in order to integrate the process of data collection on the front end and back end of the Program implementation
- Provide support for the Site Coordinators to gather data on participating students and teachers from assigned schools and provide it in the designated format for the proprietary HW! software
- Provide Training –
- Conduct highly engaging training sessions that prepare teachers to make effective home visits according to the HOME WORKS! models
- Collaborate with other Program Directors (school liaisons) to develop training schedules for schools
- Coordinate with program staff to prepare for training sessions and assure the proper training materials are ready for each session
- Create new and modify existing training materials to be used to ensure program effectiveness and enhance learning
- Reporting –
- Review Home Visit Report Forms and share information with HOME WORKS! leadership team and the Principals and Site Coordinators of the schools
- Document “good news” stories from parents, teachers and administrators during training sessions, family dinners or other HOME WORKS! functions
- Complete Family Dinner report forms (two per school per year) and submit reports to the HOME WORKS! leadership team
- Conduct meetings with Principals and Site Coordinators to solicit feedback regarding the successes and issues, provide updates to HOME WORKS ! leadership
- Assure all paperwork and forms associated with the Program implementation at assigned schools are complete and turned in on time
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings (twice a month) with the HOME WORKS! staff. These meetings include problem solving, decision making, brainstorming, research, development, and discussions designed to develop and grow our parent engagement/home visit programs
- Continuous Improvement –
- Work to lead continuous quality improvement initiatives and the integration of best practices within the program
- Study trends and stay current on issues related to the mission and vision of HOME WORKS!
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- At least five years of classroom experience
- Prior experience in professional development, training and/or adult education
- Ability to effectively problem solve, work productively with others, and think creatively and strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and build relationships at all levels
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with the confidence and skill to build relationships in the assigned schools
- Strong computer and software skills including:
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and the Google suite of products (Sheets, Docs)
- Proficiency using shared files in the cloud to collaborate with peers and management
- Ability to learn and understand HOME WORKS! proprietary software
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Have a passion for the mission of HOME WORKS!
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experienced teacher leader or school administrator
This position is based at the office of HOME WORKS! and involves being onsite at participating schools and requires travel in the St. Louis metro area and surrounding communities. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. HOME WORKS! prohibits smoking and all tobacco products in any form in all areas of HOME WORKS! offices.
Hours and Other Requirements
This is a part-time position averaging 20 hours per month but will vary based on the needs of the program and time of the year. Candidates need to have flexible schedules and be available to accommodate school and district personnel schedules (including mornings, afternoons and evenings). Candidates must have reliable transportation to reach schools across the region.
Some lifting and moving of boxes and supplies may be required.
Status: Part time, non-exempt
Hours: 20 hours per month
Salary: commensurate with experience
Reports to: Chief Program Director
To apply, please send thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org