HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program is a great place to be! We are looking for passionate, team-oriented individuals who are looking to do meaningful work and want to make a positive impact on underprivileged families and communities. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Chief Operating Officer.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Overview of HOME WORKS!
HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program trains, supports, and helps pay teachers to visit the homes of their students performing below grade level to positively engage parents in their children’s education. HOME WORKS! is designed to have teachers and families collaborate to build a better connection and understand the crucial partnership needed between home and school for students to succeed.
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and maximizing internal operating processes, financial management strategies and a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. As an essential member of the leadership team, the COO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. The COO must be a leader who is able to help others deliver measurable results and contribute to furthering the vision, mission and goals of HOME WORKS!
General Operations Management:
- Participate in strategic and operational planning. Manage the resultant plans and periodically report progress to the CEO and Board of Directors (BoD), as required.
- Design, develop and implement a suite of policies, internal processes, reporting systems and operational and management procedures that support the CEO and staff to ensure program fidelity throughout the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues and providing information necessary to communicate to the BoD, donors, schools and other external partners.
- Work with the Data Specialist to support the data collection process.
- Provide support to Board Committee and Development staff to manage a comprehensive marketing plan, including print and social media activities, to increase the visibility of HOME WORKS! and to advance the mission and activities of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all (city, state, federal, private) reporting obligations.
- Oversee risk management, legal and insurance practices in coordination with 3rd party resources.
Financial Operations Management:
- Organize, implement and manage appropriate accounting practices, controls and standards in coordination with a 3rd party CPA firm and an outsourced accountant.
- Work with the CEO, Board Chair and Treasurer to plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget, and present budget to the Board.
- Monitor organizational adherence to board approved budget.
- Advise the CEO and Treasurer on budgeting, cash flow, financial priorities, and policy matters in a timely fashion.
- Supervise timely, accurate processing of payroll and accounts payable.
Human Resources Management:
- Manage HR operating procedures for the organization.
- With the CEO and Chief Program Director to coordinate and administer performance reviews for all staff members.
- Work with the CEO to facilitate effective recruitment and onboarding of new employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Supervise a Data Specialist and co-supervise the Administrative Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior role managing internal and external resources and coordinating communications effectively throughout an organization
- Successful experience supervising a team and holding members accountable for meeting organizational goals
- A proven track record of success as an effective tactical and strategic thinker
- Demonstrated leadership skills as a problem solver with flexible, collaborative and proactive work style
- Demonstrated results in previous positions
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Must be self-reliant and able to work independently
- Have a passion for the mission of HOME WORKS!
- Master’s degree in related field
- Prior experience in nonprofit
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiar with DonorPerfect
This position requires office hours at the business office of HOME WORKS! and also requires occasional travel to the various schools or district offices in the St. Louis metro area and surrounding communities. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. HOME WORKS! prohibits smoking and all tobacco products in any form in all areas of HOME WORKS! offices.
Status: Open to considering a Part time or Full time employee, Exempt
Hours: approximately 25-35 hours per week
Salary: commensurate with experience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
To apply, please send thoughtful cover letter and resume to: COO@teacherhomevisit.org.
HOME WORKS! The Team Home Visit Program is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse applicants.